The Board meets at least four times a year to deal with Trust business. The Trust holds an Annual General Meeting around March each year to report to its members. Trust business includes:
- Setting the strategic direction of the Trust
- Developing and implementing an Annual plan
- Communication with Iwi members
- AGM, Annual Reporting and Audited Financial Accounts
- Managing and growing registrations
- Oversight over the Asset Holding Company
- Trust sub-committees, Trust policies
- Developing policies for and managing distributions
- Representing Raukawa ki te Tonga on Fisheries matters including:
- Forums such as FMA8. This involves iwi representatives from the management 8 area, the lower west coast of the North Island.
- Discussions with neighbouring Mandated Iwi Organisations on various issues relating to in-shore quota, fish plans and ongoing issues of mutual interest.