The Trust and the AHC comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (“the Act”) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy informs you of how we collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information we receive from users of our website. This policy does not limit or exclude any rights under the Act. You can view more information about the Act at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
How we collect your personal information, and from whom
By using the website, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We collect personal information from you when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription service, through any contact you have with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you use our services and products. Information may also be collected by third parties but only where you have authorised this or if the information is available in the public domain.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following reasons, and for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act:
- To improve our website
- To services to you and to improve the services that we provide to you
- To market our services to you, including contacting you electronically for example, by text or email for this purpose
- To respond to communications from you, including service issues
- To conduct research and statistical analysis on an anonymised basis
- To protect and/or enforce any legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
Who we may disclose your personal information to?
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT systems/platforms that we use to provide the website or other services and products; this includes a business that supports our services and products which may be located outside of New Zealand and may mean your personal information is held and processed outside of New Zealand
- A person authorised by the Act or another law who can require us to supply your personal information, for example, a regulatory and/or law enforcement agency
- Other third parties for anonymised statistical information
- Any other person authorised by you.
How we protect your personal information
To fulfil our privacy commitment, we confirm we will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse
You can access and correct your personal information
You are able to request access to your readily retrievable personal information that we hold under the Act, and to request a correction to your personal information.
Before we do this, we will need evidence to confirm your identity, i.e. you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
Where you ask us to correct your personal information, if we consider the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, then we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, then we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
Should you wish to exercise the above rights, please feel welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your email evidence of who you are, and clearly set out the details of your request, for example, the personal information or the correction that you are requesting.
We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, emails and other information such as invitations to special events. You can unsubscribe if you do not wish to receive future communications.
The purpose of this website is to provide general information only about us and industry insights. We may change or remove the information at any time. The information is provided free of charge and does not constitute financial or other professional advice. The information does not act as an endorsement or recommendation of any kind.
Links to other websites